Products and Projects based on Open Design
This was originally aimed to be a subcategory for the Design section, but was not maintained or developed.
To fill this new subcategory proposed by Franz Nahrada, the items indexed in our Product_Hacking directory, should receive an added category tag "Products_and_Projects_based_on_Open_Design". In the meantime, please refer to that directory page.
Here is the subcategory of projects that are not based on computers and electronics, updated until June 2008:
Agriculture, Development and Sustainability
- Build-It-Solar - Plans and tools nd nformation to do renewable energy and conservation projects.
- Concentrated Solar Power Open Source Initiative
- SHPEGS Open Energy Project
- SolaRoof, open design of solar energy for households
Building and Housing, Furniture
- Grid Beam Building System, reuseable parts for building
- Hexayurt, an open source disaster relief shelter
- Open Architecture Network
- Ikea Hacker Do it yourself blog on the base of corporate products
- Movisi Open Design Furniture
Fashion, Leisure and Learning
- The Open Source Embroidery project
- Open Source Sewing Patterns such as Burdastyle
- Pamoyo, open source green fashion label
- Lego Factory, design your own kits, in the corporate framework
- LugNet, design your own Lego kits, outside the corporate framework
- [Pret a Printer], TShirt Designs by Taskforge
- Open EEG
- Open Source Pharma (speculation)
- OpenStim: The Open Noninvasive Brain Stimulator
- Open Prosthetics Project
- Whirlwind Wheelchair International
- C,mm,n , Dutch Open Source Car project
- EVProduction club () is an organization with a wiki to design and produce open source electric vehicles and complements
- LifeTrac, tractor, also called OSTrac
- Open Source Green Vehicle, an attempt to design an environmental friendly SUV using open source principles.
- Open Source Scooter, a project to make a Segway-type vehicle
- Open Source Velomobile Development Project
- OSCav : open source compressed air vehicle.
- OSMC - An open source Motor Control project, meant primarily for robotics but applicable to low-power electric vehicles and other uses
- Transportable Infrastructures for Development and Emergency Support: 7 critical infrastructures