This Commons Transition category relates to projects that are specifically or more loosely related to a commons-oriented transition for our political economy, society, and civilizational model.
"The commons are in the midst of a “double transition,”. On the one hand, the resources at stake are often abundant and immaterial—think personal data generated by social media networks or activity sensors—as opposed to scarce and material—like water and grazing land."
- Salvatore Iaconesi and Oriana Persico 
Key Concepts of This Category
How can we transition from a society centered around the capitalist market, to a society that would be commons centric ?
- What kind of economics would govern such a new political economy ? See: Category: Commons Economics
- What kind of socio-technical infrastructures would we need to strenghten for such a transition? See: Category: Commons Infrastructure
- What kind of policy proposals can bring about or hasten such a transition. See: Category: Commons Policy
Useful learning resources
- The Commons Transition Primer is a home page linking both to introductory and to deeper articles.
- Commons Transition Stories contains a selection of featured essays, interviews and texts on Commons Transition projects and related initiatives, many of them suitable for general introductory reading.
More resources are linked from the Commons Transition summary page (which used to serve as this category page).
- The Commons Transition Wiki is a repository for policy papers and proposals related to Commons Transition.
- One transition, many transitions? A corpus-based study of societal sustainability transition discourses in four civil society’s proposals
P2P Foundation Material
- The Commons Transition Plan is based on the FLOK Society Project in Ecuador around 2014. It deals with the setting up of commons of knowledge for all sectors of activity in society.
- The second important document is focusing on urban commons, which are at this stage, mostly about mutualizing the distribution of provisioning systems through shared resources. See our report: CHANGING SOCIETIES THROUGH URBAN COMMONS TRANSITIONS, also called the Commons Transition Plan for the City of Ghent. See the original Dutch-language report; also available in a [ English translation]
- Our third important report examines the socio-technical infrastructures, at cosmo-local scale, needed for this transition in our productive and (pre)distributive systems. See: P2P Accounting for Planetary Survival: Towards a P2P Infrastructure for a Socially Just Circular Society. By Michel Bauwens and Alex Pazaitis. Foreword by Kate Raworth. P2P Foundation, June 2019.
- Category: Commons is a broader category dealing with the Commons more generally, and in principle.
- Category: P2P Transition is an overlapping smaller category, relating to similar issues, more from the perspective of process (P2P) rather than substance (Commons).
Pages in category "Commons Transition"
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total.
- Catalonia Integral Cooperative Commons Transition Proposals
- Civic Economy of Provisions
- Co-Cities Report on the Urban Commons Transitions
- Common Wealth Trusts as Structures of Transition
- Commons Approach to European Knowledge Policy
- Commons Double Transition
- Commons Transition Coalition
- Commons Transition Initiative
- Commons Transition Plan
- Commons Transition Plan (FLOK version)
- Commons Transition Plan for the City of Sydney
- Commons Transition Stability Plan and Rapid Response Team
- Cooperative Transitions to a Steady-State Economy
- Markets After Capitalism
- Michel Bauwens et Bernard Stiegler sur la Transition vers les Communs
- Michel Bauwens in Conversation with Arthur de Grave
- Michel Bauwens on the Commons Transition
- Michel Bauwens on the FLOK Project as a Techno-Social Change Project
- Michel Bauwens on the New Social Economy for a Post-Carbon World
- Michel Bauwens sur la Transition Industrielle P2P pour Ars Industrialis
- Mutation of Economics into the Fifth Integral-Arational Structure of Consciousness
- P2P Approach To Energy Production
- P2P Transition
- Pavlos Georgiadis on a Plan C for the Food System in Greece
- Permanent Real Estate Cooperative
- Plan C for Advancing the Commons Transition in Greece
- Platforms for Participation
- Policies for Commons Collaborative Economies at the European Level
- Policies for Shareable Commons Domains
- Policies for the Commons
- Possibility of Rapid Transition
- Post-Capitalist Strategy of the P2P Foundation
- Projects on Social Economy
- Public Policy for a Partner State
- Public Policy for a Social Economy
- Three Competing Societal and Economic Models in the Age of Peer Production
- Transforming the Productive Base of the Economy Through the Open Design Commons and Distributed Manufacturing
- Transition Now
- Transition Policies for the Development of the Distributed Energy Model
- Transition Proposals Towards a Commons-Oriented Economy and Society