From P2P Foundation
- What is neo-patronage? Matt explains.
- Thomas provides an example of an artist utilizing neo-patronage: cartoonist/animator Nina Paley.
- Matthew points to Another Sky Press, a publisher that lets customers decide how much they want to pay for a book.
- Matthew also mentions Amanda Palmer.
- Chris mentions Magnatune, which allows customers to set their own prices for music.
- Some artists have used The Ransom Model (or crowd-funding) to support their efforts.
- Jill Sobule’s 2009 album, California Years, was entirely funded by her fans.
- Did the audience J.C. Hutchins created when he released the 7th Son podcasts let him down when it came time to pony up for the print edition?
- Mur Lafferty offers a variety of content for free: novels, short stories, dramatized fiction and advice for “wannabe writers”.
- John Scalzi is another author who successfully used free content to launch a successful (science-fiction) writing career.
- What does a creator owe their audience?