Gift Economy Software
This wiki page serves as a placeholder. Its intent is to collect information on existing Gift Economy/Resource-Based Economy Implementations as well as principles and approaches for desired Gift Economy Software. The goals are:
- to create a simple and accessible platform with little developmental effort first so we can start gaining a user base and testing soon. One of the first testing candidates might be the member organisations of the Technate (Raffael)
- to develop ideas for knowledge representation and knowledge sharing protocols (ibu)
- Presentation by Elf Pavlik on Polyeconomy at Easterhegg Basel 2012: Link
Individuals currently interested in a Gift Economy Software implementation:
- ibu radempa (disclaimer: I'm in no way aligned to technocratic ideas or any other form of power exertex by humans over humans)
I'd like to propose a structure roughly like this (ibu):
- (How) Should the domain of knowledge be restricted?
- The diversity of the knowledge used in economical activities is so big that it practically cannot be restricted.
- How is knowledge represented?
- Alternative 1:
- Knowledge is modelled (ontologically) as classes (patterns), instances (+copies) and relations, cf. cosmopool
Knowledge sharing protocol
- Who are the cooperating entities? Groups or individuals?
- Will the lowest common denominator protocol 'win'?
- Completely P2P, or client-server?
- Programming langugages?
- How can the software contribute to a culture shift among real persons?