Compilation of Materials on Platform Cooperativism
An Archive of various projects developed in a potentially common spirit
- see also the main page on Platform Cooperativism and the smaller main diretory at Platform Cooperativism Projects
A similarly intentioned list compiled by Joseph S. https://hackpad.com/ep/group/sa3k0dJt85D
Compilation of ongoing projects by Dante Monson:
- Assemblée Virtuelle , Rhizi , Open Value Network / Mikorizal Software , Netention , Metamaps Gen3 , ...
Also see this article revolving around Open Value Networks :
And this article which gives an interesting overview of potentials
Links to Code and various projects below
Also see this more recent 2016 article by Connor, bringing forward Hylo, Metamaps and Loomio :
and this 2015 article by Edward West : https://medium.com/enspiral-tales/doing-more-together-together-seeding-a-collaborative-technology-alliance-82243ea30d41
Related Coop Models
Some ongoing software projects
MindMap of Some Projects
Map made by Ishan Shapiro
- https://github.com/linagora/openpaas-esn ( http://open-paas.org/ )
- https://github.com/open-app ( related to enspiral / loomio )
- https://github.com/automenta/netjs ; https://github.com/automenta/netentionj ( netention )
- https://github.com/valnet/ ( NRP ? )
- https://github.com/openvocab/ovn ( Sensorica / OVN )
- https://github.com/tav/ampify ( Espians ? )
- https://github.com/willzeng/WikiNets ( Rhizi )
- https://github.com/d-cent ( D-cent )
- https://github.com/node-red/node-red ( Internet of things )
- https://github.com/zippy/ceptr/wiki ( Metacurrency Ceptr )
- https://github.com/Connoropolous/metamaps_gen002/tree/develop ( Metamaps second generation - there is another non published third generation using Linked Data ? )
- https://github.com/mcollina/levelgraph-n3/graphs/contributors ( Elf Pavlik contributed )
- https://docs.openmustardseed.org/next-steps/source-code/ ( open mustardseed )
- Eric ( https://github.com/project-douglas/eris )
- Ethereum ( https://www.ethereum.org/ )
- La'Zooz ( https://github.com/lazooz ; http://www.shareable.net/blog/lazooz-the-decentralized-crypto-alternative-to-uber )
Further potentials ?
Artificial Intelligence ?
note : [[Netention[[ interfaces with Open Nars capability.
Hydra API and Linked Data Fragments
Lynn and Bob's (Mikorizal ) #ovni / NRP software for Open Value Networks, a collaboration with Sensorica
- Source code
- Open Value Network NRP
- NRP slide decks
- OVN Open Vocabulary
Ishan / Connor and co's Metamaps
( Its third Generation - not currently online )
Second Generation Metamaps
Eyal , Dor and co's [[Rhizi[[ / WikiNets
Other netention relating systems ? including
Daniel's Weboftrust with Ripple
, #projectmustardseed and #idhypercubed "Project Mustard Seed"
- http://idhypercubed.org/wiki/ProjectMustardSeed ,
- http://docs.openmustardseed.org/ ,
- http://idcubed.org ( including networks of contracts )
( internet of things )
- http://www.noomap.com/ ( same as with metamaps Gen3 - code not published , yet ? )
Eric Harris Braun and Arthur Brock's Metacurrency Project
MetaCurrency developing #SemanticTree , #DistributedDataEngine , ... Eric and Arthur
Ceptr is a new distributed computing platform for semantic self-describing data and protocols. Here you will find the API and technical documentation for the ceptr codebase. Other documentation and background information can be found here: Developer Wiki at: https://github.com/zippy/ceptr/wiki Ceptr Apocalypse at: https://ceptr.org/apocalypse (Unveiling the Technology)
But possibly not completely ? :
Other potentially related projects / internet of things :
Sensorica Mailinglists :
Ouishare Labs :
Network of Networks :
Events & Collectives?
Open Chateau , 12 December 2014 , Château de Millemont (45 min from Paris)
POC21 ( Château de Millemont - 45 min from Paris , 5 Week Camp , Summer 2015
Existing (Fab?)Labs or planned Events where people can meet face to face :
feel free to add / suggest info ...
Pixel Humain and other Commons Oriented Projects in the French Sphere
Collaborative Ecosystem Development & Roadmap Innovating for the Commons
Association Open Atlas
Multi bao http://www.multibao.org/
Nacelle 0.2 http://www.nacelles02.com/
Assemblée Virtuelle http://www.virtual-assembly.org/en/
The Age of Platforms - Loomio Open App
"Most networking and ‘sharing economy’ apps are platforms. The user signs up and joins a centralised platform from a single provider and connects to others on the same platform.
We view platforms as isolated silos that push entrepreneurs to compete rather than collaborate, waste effort writing the same boilerplate code rather than innovate, follow a risky strategy that ultimately degrades user experience and rights, and benefits financial investors over other stakeholders.
Building a platform obliges entrepreneurs to follow a ‘speed-to-market’ strategy - become the dominant player with the largest user-base as fast as possible before a competitor gets there first. The more users, the more people there are with whom to connect, trade and share, the more attractive the platform appears to further users. Platform builders dream of runaway ‘viral growth’ when their platform gains enough gravity to pull in users with little direct marketing effort.
Unfortunately, growing rapidly is expensive and providers can’t initially charge for the service lest they scare users away. It almost always involves large amounts of investor cash who will want a financial return at a later date and stiff competition from rivals offering similar services.
If a platform survives and becomes the dominant player an uneasy relationship forms with the users. To keep investors happy the provider must now monetise by upping fees, or selling ads and user-data. Monetisation degrades the user’s experience and risks an exodus to a cheaper, shinier competitor. Users might get a useful service but give up rights to their data and control of their online experience.
At the same time, it can be difficult for different platforms working on similar ideas to collaborate, even if the platforms are open-source. If someone starts a similar platform you might worry that they will take all the users.
If someone makes an app that uses the same protocols then they’ve just added to the ecosystem, and made your app more valuable."
What leads people to generating engagements amongst each other ? How are Social Contracts generated ? How can technology, such as Linked Data and Open Data be used to facilitate Resource Allocation in forms of Emergent Management , enabling increased Situational Awareness ?
I see money as a social contract, as metadata produced out of a debt contract. I see potential in enabling a directed graphed approach to blend a variety of metadata, generating our own layers of metadata , developing an understanding of their interdependencies and externalities. Contextualize needs and offers, suggestions and intentions ( Netention - Slides )
I imagine an emergent approach to governance and finance, which could enable a transfer of resources into communal shareholding dynamics , in support of the Commons , reducing hoarding , artificial scarcity, infinite accumulation of property.
Such tools are still in development ( various softwares , many open source : rhizi, metamaps, netention, nrp, ... ) with ideally open api's to facilitate cross platform usage of linked data.
Research Institutes for Collaborations ?
- Agile Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web (AKSW) - Leipzig, Germany
- wimmics: web-instrumented man-machine interactions, communities and semantics - France
- Institute For Data Driven Design , MIT , United States
Context and Links
- https://www.diigo.com/user/dante-gabryell/openvaluenetworks ( and other related tags )
- Smart Contracts
- Codius http://codius.org/
- Crypto Equity
- After cryptocurrency,cryptoequity