How do we re-inject equitable relationships, towards humans and the planet, into market relations ?
Adam Arvidsson comes close to the P2P Foundation thinking, in terms of analysis. His foundational essay is Valuing the Ethical Economy. Adam is the author of the excellent Brands and is writing a full book on the Ethical Economy, but the earlier series of draft on the Ethical Economy Book Project are no longer representative of the current form that the book will take, though they are still of great interest.
"We use the term 'ethical economy' not because we think that present productive conditions are necessarily nicer or more socially conscious, but because the economy of technologically enhanced networks of cooperation puts the ethical dimension of human existence directly to work."
(Quoted on the Ethical Economy page.)
Useful learning resources
- The Ethical Economy page describes both the book of that name and the concept.
- Crisis of Value and the Ethical Economy
- Capitalism and the Ethical Economy
- See other material from Adam Arvidsson linked from his page.
- Dornbirn Manifesto by Michel Bauwens
- Related concepts:
Pages in category "EthicalEconomy"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.