Who Owns Space
= #whOWNSpace arises from the the questions that the #occupywallstreet movement has brought up about ownership and use of open space in New York City, North America, and cities around the world.
"This project will be used to:
1- REVEAL conflicting rules and ownerships in the increasingly privatized and commercialized spaces that make up the contemporary neoliberal urban condition
2- QUESTION those rules and the current state of our "public" space; discussing the intentions and conditions surrounding our open spaces
3- ADVOCATE FOR AND PROPOSE uses and designs that encourage community activist use of urban open spaces in accordance to the Call to Action for the Rights of Neighborhoods
4- INTERVENE in urban spaces, turning ideas and research into material action
- We Create Tools that Reveal Spatial Conflict
- We Question Private Space
- We Question Public Space
- We Advocate for Change
- We Conceive of Alternatives for Collective use"
- Video of the process of organizing and holding the #whOWNSpace #GRNPNT studio/class
- Use #whOWNSpace in twitter to ask, answer and postulate on everything urban/spatial/political
- email: whOWNSpace[at]gmail[.]com and let us know how you want to help