From the booknotes of Michel Bauwens of Jorge Ferrer's Revisioning Transpersonal Theory.
Ferrer distinguishes 4 related fields of inquiry into the unity vs diversity of religions:
- comparative mysticism
- the cross-cultural philosophy of religion
- East-West hermeneutics
- interreligious dialogue.
All of them moved from universalistic assumptions and aspirations to dialogical, hermeneutic, and pluralist approaches.
- Byrne, P. Prolegomena to religious pluralism: reference and realism in religion. St. Martin's Press, 1995
- Dean, T. ed. Religious pluralism and truth: essays on cross-cultural philosophy of religion. SUNY, 1995
- Heim, S.M. Salvations: truth and difference in religion. Orbis, 1995
- Vroom, H.M. Religions and the truth. Philosophical reflections and perspectives. Eerdmans, 1996