From P2P Foundation
= "an open and progressive cryptocurrency that will adopt a more decentralized community-based governance integrated into its blockchain".
URL = https://www.decred.org/
"Decred intends to include a long list of features such as:
- Implementation of consensus system based on proof-of-work and proof-of-stake system
- Decred development is self-funded and open with block subsidy
- Decred uses Blake-256 hashing algorithm
- Decred may be compatible with Bitcoin
- Decred community members will be involved in making bottom-up non-financial decision making easier
- It will use secp256k1 signature scheme or Ed25519/secp256k1-Schnorr for better integration into existing software and make good use of the features offered by Schnorr signatures respectively
- Decred uses Go as a codebase for development"