Center for Humane Technology
URL = https://humanetech.com/?
"Today’s tech platforms are caught in a race to the bottom of the brain stem to extract human attention. It's a race we're all losing. The result: addiction, social isolation, outrage, misinformation, and political polarization.
These aren't disconnected issues. They are part of human downgrading.
While companies have been upgrading technology, they’ve been downgrading humans:
- Shortening attention spans
- Rewarding outrage over dialogue
- Addicting children
- Polarizing the democratic process
- Turning life into a competition for likes and shares
This new generation of technology will compete to:
- Help us focus
- Build common ground
- Support democracy
- Protect the development of kids
- Align our lives with our values