Building Digital Commons
= conference and initiative in Catalunya; Amical Viquipedia and Institute of Goverment and Public Policies (IGOP) (Autonomous University of Catalunya) are the main event promotors.
"The Building digital commons event aims to create entrance doors and give projection to collaborative communities building digital commons, encourage the mutual learning and support between digital commons following similar values and principles, building bridges between action and research, and address new frontiers and cutting-edge questions to promote commons initiatives in new ways.
- Stress the makers & creators approach – To increase the visibility and address the specificities of collaborative communities around the building of digitals commons as part of the overall free culture and digital rights movement.
- Mapping digital commons and promote common actions – identify initiatives, promote coalitions and find ways to support each other.
- Systematize experiences & learn from each other (at the legal, infrastructural, sustainable, participation and governance levels). Learn from participative communities such as Wikipedia and others, and other sectors of social and collaborative production, such as cooperative.
- Create procommons references –To remark the distinction between the governance of digital commons and other forms of corporate-providers communities and promote free and open infrastructure.
- Build bridges between action and research on commons as a form of governance, production, and horizon of socio-political transformation."