Advocacy Organizations for Open Access
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- @ccess, An offshoot of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Access to Knowledge Global Academy: Focused on "research, education, and policy advice promoting access to knowledge" worldwide, and especially in developing countries.
- Access to Knowledge for Development Center (A2K4D), Focused on A2K in the developing world.
- African Access to Knowledge Alliance (AAKA); Focused on A2K in Africa, including OA.
- African Copyright & Access to Knowledge Project (ACA2K)
- Alliance for Taxpayer Access (ATA): Focused on OA for publicly-funded research in the US.
- Center for the Study of the Public Domain (CSPD): Focused on "promot[ing] research and scholarship on the contributions of the public domain to speech, culture, science and innovation, to promote debate about the balance needed in our intellectual property system" and " translat[ing] academic research into public policy solutions."
- Coalition of Open Access Policy Institutions (COAPI): Focusing on the implementation of university OA policies in North America.
- Commons Strategies Group: Focused on "advanc[ing] the commons as a paradigm in diverse settings -- both in theory and practice."
- Communia Association: Focused on the mission "to educate about, advocate for, offer expertise and research about the public domain in the digital age within society and with policy-makers."
- Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR)
- Creative Commons (CC): Focused on spreading open licenses and libre OA, for all kinds of digital content, worldwide.
- Enabling Open Scholarship (EOS): Focused on helping universities adopt OA policies.
- European Network for Copyright in support of Education and Science (ENCES): Focused on copyright reforms to facilitate OA (and OER) in Europe.
- Foundation for P2P Alternatives
- Free Knowledge Institute
- iCommons: Focused on "open education, access to knowledge, free software, open access publishing and free culture communities around the world."
- IFLA Open Access Taskforce: From the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA).; Focused on OA through the UN, through national governments worldwide, through member institutions, and through partner OA-advocacy organizations.
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP): Focused on improving availability in developing countries, including through OA.
- Knowledge Ecology International (KEI): Focused on "better outcomes, including new solutions, to the management of knowledge resources. KEI is focused on social justice, particularly for the most vulnerable populations, including low-income persons and marginalized groups."
- OAK Law (Open Access to Knowledge) Law Project: Focused on OA in Australia, especially copyright and licensing issues.
- Open Access Communication for Science (OACS): Focused on research about the growth and consequences of OA.
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA)
- Open Book Alliance (OBA): Focused on OA books worldwide.
- Open Content Alliance (OCA): Focused on digitizing and providing OA to books, worldwide.
- Open Data Foundation (ODaF): Focused on open data, and open standards for metadata, and open-source software for statistical data.
- Open Humanities Alliance (OHA): Focused on community-building for the Open Humanities Press.
- Open Knowledge Commons (OKC): Focused on digitization for OA. A spin-off of the Open Content Alliance (above).
- Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN): Working for OA and open data worldwide, especially in the UK.
- Open Science Federation (OSF): Focused on the advance of open access, open data, and open science.
- Public Knowledge (PK): Focused on user rights in the digital culture, including OA to publicly-funded research in the US.
- Public.Resource.org (PRO): Focused on providing OA to public-domain government information in the US, including the primary sources of US law.
- Students for Free Culture: Focused on advancing free culture, including OA from funding agencies and universities, especially in the US.
o The national site for OA in Denmark.
o The national site for OA in Greece.
o The national site for OA in Hong Kong.
o The national site for OA in Iceland.
- Open Access Italy
o The national site for OA in Italy.
- Open Access Korea
o The national site for OA in Korea.
o The national site for OA in the Netherlands.
o The national site for OA in Norway.
- Open Access Peru
o The national site for OA in Peru.
- Open Access Slovenia
o The national site for OA in Slovenia.
o The national site for OA in Sweden.