Web Credibility Project
Jump to navigation Jump to search
= "What causes people to believe (or not believe) what they find on the Web"?
"As part of the Persuasive Technology Lab, we are investigating such questions as:
- What causes people to believe (or not believe) what they find on the Web?
- What strategies do users employ in evaluating the credibility of online sources?
- What contextual and design factors influence these assessments and strategies?
- How and why are credibility evaluation processes on the Web different from those made in face-to-face human interaction, or in other offline contexts?
In this ongoing project we are:
- Performing quantitative research on Web credibility.
- Collecting all public information on Web credibility.
- Acting as a clearinghouse for this information.
- Facilitating research and discussion about Web credibility.
- Collaborating with academic and industry research groups."