- Book: The Semantic Sphere: Computation, Cognition and Information Economy. Pierre Levy. Wiley-ISTE. 2011
"New advances in digital media offer unprecedented memory capacities, an omnipresent channel of communication, and ever-growing computational power. We must ask ourselves how we can exploit this medium in order to augment our own social cognitive processes for human development.
Through a combination of a profound knowledge of humanities and social sciences, and an understanding of computer sciences, Pierre Lévy proposes a collaborative construction of a global hyper-cortex, coordinated by a computable metalanguage.
By fully recognizing the symbolic and social nature of human cognition, we could transform our current, opaque, global brain into a reflexive collective intelligence."
1. General Introduction.
Part 1. A Philosophy of Information
2. The Nature of Information.
3. The Symbolic Cognition.
4. The Creative Conversation.
5. Toward a Mutation of Humanities and Social Sciences.
6. Information Economy.
Part 2. Cognition Modeling
7. Introduction to a Scientific Understanding of the Mind.
8. Computer Perspective: Towards a Reflexive Intelligence.
9. Overview of the Semantic Sphere IEML.
10. The Metalanguage IEML
11. The Semantic Machine IEML.
12. The Hypercortex.
13. A Hermeneutic Memory.
14. Humanistic Perspective: Towards Explicit Knowledge.
15. Observe the Collective Intelligence.
Written Interview in english: http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2011/11/01/collective-intelligence-an-interview-with-pierre-levy/
Video interview in english, sub-titled in portugese, about collective intelligence and the semantic sphere: http://bit.ly/vwTUgi