Online Decision Platforms
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Active Development
- Epitome - (AGPL) "online platform of mass deliberation and consensus decision-making, developed for communities and groups of any size or need", developed by the Democracy Foundation - Whitepaper
- Liquid Feedback - (MIT) inspired by the Pirate Party, and developed by the Public Software Group. Implements the concept, sometimes referred to as "liquid democracy", of people being able to vote on any decision, or delegate their vote to another trusted person on a topic by topic basis.
- Loomio - (AGPL) inspired by Occupy, and developed by a worker-owned cooperative. Groups can start discussions on a topic, then run through a series of consensus decisions on that topic.
- DemocracyOS - (GPLv3 - originally MIT) created by the founders of the Net Party in Argentina. Uses blockchain technology inspired by BitCoin to certify decisions. Translated into 5+ languages.
- HandsUp - ([https://github.com/gsans/handsup-react/blob/master/LICENSE "MIT") "Make your events more interactive allowing attendees to participate by adding questions and voting using their phone or laptop."
- Votorola - (MIT) "...an experimental technology for the public guidance of electoral systems, executive offices, legislatures, and other decision systems. Uniquely it combines the devices of recombinant text, transitive voting, and vote pipes to build a maximum of personal freedom into its facilities. The main facilities are tree-form, decision guideways. Votorola deploys the leafward edges of these in support of the public sphere, where they provide a purpose and outlet for rational discourse."
- Doodle - Simple, pretty, online meeting planning tool.
- GroupMindExpress - Commercial and proprietary. "Your team’s collective intelligence is greater than the sum of its parts; help them align with strategic planning and organizational development tools from GroupMind™. Strategic planning, change management, and organizational development processes benefit from experienced consultants with software that leverages collective intelligence."
- VocalEyes - "VocalEyes is a platform and stakeholder engagement process designed for modern day institutional planning and community organising."
- e-Voting, Deliberation, and e-Democracy Projects list by The Democracy Foundation