New Economy Networks
= "Self-organizing, opt-in, and blockchain-based networks of businesses committed to doing business sustainably". 
"Self-organizing, opt-in, and blockchain-based networks of businesses committed to doing business sustainably
• Reciprocal trading systems (networks) with a sustainability “spin” to them whose members are rewarded in various ways for their sustainability performance – Strong performers receive preferential terms and conditions in their B2B transactions with other members – Strong performers receive preferential credit and other terms in their dealings within the network (i.e., the reciprocal trading system) – Providers of products or services with low negative and high positive social and/or environmental footprints receive additional benefits – Strong performers are publicly showcased as leaders in sustainability and in the transition to sustainable commerce
• That opt-in networks with shared benefits and built-in incentives can be used to jump-start new economies
• That participation in such networks can: – Facilitate the launch of new economies from within old ones – Offer a viable, opt-in and self-paced way out of old economies – Help build reputation and strengthen brand (like B Corps)
• That the introduction of Triple Bottom Line accounting to organizations can catalyze sustainability in commerce "
• That branding whole economies in sustainability terms can precipitate sustainable growth by attracting millennials and others committed to socially responsible business!"
- For more information, contact: Mark W. McElroy, Ph.D., Center for Sustainable Organizations at [email protected]