Legislation and Finance for People's Ownership of Community Renewable Energy Across Europe
= Conference on legislation and finance for people's ownership of community renewable energy across Europe.
"REScoop 20-20-20 in cooperation with Co-power and the European Union organises a conference on legislation and finance for people's ownership of community renewable energy across Europe.
We urgently need to change our energy system into one powered by renewable energy to end our dependency on fossil fuels and the harm they are doing to peoples, our climate and our environment. By putting communities and citizens at the heart of a shift to renewable energy we can achieve a transition more quickly, fairly and with added benefits.
All over Europe communities and citizens are already producing community owned renewable energy. However, many barriers still need to be tackled, such as the lack of political will for a transition towards renewables, and financial and legal obstacles to community owned projects."
The conference will focus on the following topics:
• Successful community renewable energy projects
• Legislative challenges across Europe
• Financing in Central and Eastern European countries
• Renewable energy cooperatives (REScoops) and financing"
- Monday, 6 October, 2014 - 09:30 to 16:30 Scotland House Rond-Point Schuman Brussels Belgium