Good Enough CNC
= GoodEnoughCNC: Affordable & useful open source CNC machines
URL = http://goodenoughcnc.eu
"GoodEnoughCNC is a very low-cost CNC mill built from standard mechanical components and steel profiles. Just basic hand tools are needed for its assembly. It is a hybrid and can be transformed from CNC mill into various other digital fabrication tools, such as a plasma cutter, spindle or laser cutter. It is modular and fully Open Source Hardware." (http://www.didiy.eu/public/deliverables/didiy-d6.3-1.0-pub.pdf)
"At the project’s website extensive documentation can be found for selfassembly, replication or adaptation. Source files are published through the foundation’s github repository."
At the IRNAS foundation’s website the fully free and open source licensing is defined:
• “Hardware including documentation is licensed under CERN OHL v.1.2. license.
• Firmware and software originating from the project is licensed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v3.
• Open data generated by our projects is licensed under CC0.
• All our websites and additional documentation are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4 .0 Unported License
What this means is that you can use hardware, firmware, software and documentation without paying a royalty and knowing that you'll be able to use your version forever. You are also free to make changes but if you share these changes then you have to do so on the same conditions that you enjoy.
Koruza, GoodEnoughCNC and IRNAS are all names and marks of Institut IRNAS Rače. You may use these names and terms only to attribute the appropriate entity as required by the Open Licences referred to above. You may not use them in any other way and in particular you may not use them to imply endorsement or authorization of any hardware that you design, make or sell.” (http://www.didiy.eu/public/deliverables/didiy-d6.3-1.0-pub.pdf)
• Sale of kits or finished products based on the Open Source Hardware designs (see illustration above for different ways of building one’s own GoodEnoughCNC, with different costs and efforts to be invested).
• One-day and one week workshops.
• Donations and grants.
Modes of production
Products are made inhouse or by its users through the workshops, based on readily available, low-cost materials and components.
Indicators of impact
• The project has received a grant from the Shuttleworth Foundation, supporting the work of the project’s founder, Luka Mustafa.
• Google Incoming Links (goodenoughcnc.eu): 1.140.
• Alexa Global Rank (goodenoughcnc.eu): 669.984.
• The IRNAS Foundation owns the project.
• The project is fully replicable due to its licensing, documentation and choice of materials and components."