Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication
Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC).
- URL = http://BNNRC.net
BNNRC is a national networking body working for building a democratic society based on the principles of free flow of information, equitable & affordable access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for remote & marginalized population.
BNNRC registered with Ministry of Law, Parliamentary and Justice Affairs as a trust and NGO Affairs Bureau,Government of Bangladesh as an organization on Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) and established in 2000 as per Article 19 charter of UN bill of rights.
BNNRC now strive for following core interventions to achieve UN World Summit on the Information Society(UN WSIS) action plan, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs),UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity and ( Poverty Reduction Strategy(PRS) in Bangladesh;
- Awareness on correlations of ICT, poverty alleviation and Institutionalization of Democracy and Right to Information(RTI)
- Establishment of ICT Resource Center and Promotion of Radio Listeners Club as primary ICT catalyst in remote rural areas;
- Advocacy and Campaign for Bridging the Digital Divide/Information Divide/Knowledge Divide and open up air waves for Community Radio - voices for the voice-less;
- Piloting ICT4D projects at rural areas to create show case examples for greater multiplication through Rural Knowledge Center(RKC)/ Telecenter.
- Establishment of Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES) for Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction through Amateur Radio (HAM Radio)promotion .
- Establishment of People's Right in Telecommunication/ Global Commons/Country Commons.
- To Promote the adoption of Free/Open Source Software(FOSS), open standards, and open content for development
- Building Capacity for ICT Journalist
- AHM Bazlur Rahman-S21BR, Chief Executive Officer
- House: 13/1, Road:2, Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207
- Post Box: 5095, Dhaka 1205 Bangladesh
- Phone: 88-02-9130750, 88-02-9138501
- 01711881647 Fax: 88-02-9138501-105