2012 Madison Cooperative Business Conference
"In June 2012 Mayor Soglin convened a Cooperative Business Conference inviting Economic Development planners from all over the state. The conference highlighted the potential for business conversions, as well as the positive economic and social impact of worker-owned enterprises."
Timeline for Cooperative Business Development initiative
- September 2014: Mayor Soglin announces a 5-year plan for funding the cooperative enterprise development initiative
- November 2014: the Madison Capital Budget includes $1 million/year for 5 years beginning in 2016
- November 2015: the amount is cut to $600,000/year for 5 years
- February 2016: RFP for the program released
- June 2016: Common Council to vote on award of contracts and programming begins