From P2P Foundation
"Time Bank is a web service for managing a time bank, in which users offer their time doing service in exchange for services provided by others users for the same amount of time."
"Timebank values are:
- We are all assets - we all have something to give.
- Some work is beyond price - work has to be redefined to value whatever it takes to create healthy, socially just, and sustainable communities and that work needs to be honored, recorded and rewarded.
- Reciprocity - helping works better as a two-way street and we need to work together to build better communities.
- We need each other- people help each other to reweave communities of support, strength & trust by creating relationships through exchanges.
- Respect - every human being matters and no one should go without getting their needs met regardless of their position in life. (Stemming from this, everyone’s hour is equal in a Timebank.)"
- used by