"Sean Cubitt is Director of the Program in Media and Communications at the University of Melbourne and Honorary Professor of the University of Dundee. His publications include Timeshift: On Video Culture, Videography: Video Media as Art and Culture, Digital Aesthetics, Simulation and Social Theory, The Cinema Effect and EcoMedia. He is the series editor for Leonardo Books at MIT Press. His current research is on public screens and the transformation of public space; and on genealogies of digital light technologies. "
P2P Research Summary
- Media researcher (P2P in aesthetics and political economy)
- Professor of Global Media and Communication, Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton, and Professorial Fellow, University of Melbourne; his research focuses on the aesthetics of media technologies, the political economy that shapes or could re-shape them, and the implications for development and environmentalism.
- He is currently preparing two books, one on the genealogies of digital light, the other on environmental impacts of digital media and potential political alternatives.
- Contact: Site (temporary): http://seancubitt.blogspot.com / Email: [email protected] / Twitter: seancubitt
- listed in the Association of Peer to Peer Researchers