Internet of Energy Policy Proposals
"In The Third Industrial Revolution, economic and social theorist Jeremy Rifkin promotes an optimistic alternative.
The revolution is based on:
(1) shifting to renewable energy;
(2) transforming the building stock of every continent into green micro–power plants to collect renewable energies on-site;
(3) deploying hydrogen and other storage technologies in every building and throughout the infrastructure to store intermittent energies;
(4) using Internet technology to transform the power grid of every continent into an energy internet that acts just like the Internet (when millions of buildings are generating a small amount of renewable energy locally, on-site, they can sell surplus green electricity back to the grid and share it with their continental neighbors); and
(5) transitioning the transport fleet to electric plug-in and fuel cell vehicles that can buy and sell green electricity on a smart, continental, interactive power grid." (https://www.minds.com/blog/view/456257048271654912/toward-regenerative-society-plan-for-rapid-transition)
- [[Graphic at https://d3ae0shxev0cb7.cloudfront.net/thumbProxy?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.regenerativesociety.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F03%2FInternet_of_Energy.jpg&width=auto
- BDI Initiative, Internet of Energy, 2010.