Help:Differences Between This Wiki and Wikipedia
This page outlines what is different, so that experienced Wikipedia editors can get used to the local conventions.
Article Title Case
- Wikipedia uses "Sentence case" for article titles: that is, only capitalising the initial word. The nice workarounds in Wikipedia mean that editors can make a wikilink using lower case and that will work.
- This wiki uses Title Case, because that is Michel's preference. Capitalise all significant words (not, e.g. "and", "or", etc.) in the page title.
- It probably looks neater, most of the time, if you also use Title Case for section headings, at least for 1st and 2nd level headings.
Templates and References
- We use very few of Wikipedia's templates in this wiki, to make it easier for everyone to maintain every page. Please don't introduce new ones, either from Wikipedia or yourself!
- <ref>...</ref> however is very useful and may be used here. Look up the documentation to check how to use this feature.
In essence, put <ref>...</ref> around anything you want to appear as a reference, then put <references /> where you want the references listed. Look at the source for this page as an example.