Jump to navigation Jump to search
= the 'cup' is an alternative digital currency specializing in intangible digital goods
Proposed and used by the Cup Foundation
- is pronounced /kʌp/ and is Unicode character U+2294.
- is a worldwide digital currency dedicated to intangible goods (e-book, music, picture, video).
- requires a strong authentication secure layer over the Internet and provides many benefits for both artists/sellers and consumers/buyers.
- supports state/country tax recovery and is speculation resistant.
- seems to be a fair solution to face illegal downloading.
- will push out intermediates companies business models (Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Apple iTunesStore, Amazon,...).
- proposes a ⊔net, public Open-Source Peer-to-peer architecture for any intangible multimedia content trading."