Alexandros (Alekos) Pantazis is a Core Member of the P2P Lab, an interdisciplinary research collective focused on the commons, and a Junior Research Fellow at the Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology. He holds a B.Sc. (5-year-long) in environmental engineering, an M.Sc. in nautical and marine science, and a certificate of pedagogy and educational proficiency. He has expertise in participatory design for nature conservation and a background in non-formal education. Moreover, Alekos has 20 years of involvement in international civil movements, focusing on agrarian indigenous populations and the commons. Alekos has worked as a scientific assistant in European projects in the areas of marine conservation and community-based management as well as in the area of the digital commons. He is pursuing a Ph.D. on the convergence of convivial technologies, commons and non-formal education, coordinating the socio-technical pilots of the COSMOLOCALISM project. Alekos speaks English, Spanish, French, and Greek.
- Contact: pantazis.al at gmail.com
Peer reviewed articles
- Pantazis, A., Meyer, M. (2020). Tools from Below: Making Agricultural Machines Convivial. The Greek Review of Social Research, (forthcoming)
- Bauwens, M., and Pantazis, A. (2018). The ecosystem of commons-based peer production and its transformative dynamics. Sociological Review, 66(2): 302-319. site
- Pantazis, A., and Priavolou, C. (2017). 3D printing as a means of learning and communication: The 3Ducation project revisited. Telematics and Informatics , 34(8): 1465-1476. site text
- How to talk about the commons to non-expert audiences?
Working book chapters
- Antoniadis, P., Pantazis, A. (2020). P2P Learning. In O'Neil, M., Pentzold, C. & Toupin S. (Eds.), The Handbook of Peer Production. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Niaros, V.; Pantazis, A.; Priavolou, C. (2017). The Maker Movement: Values and Principles. In: Universities, Enterprises and Maker Communities in Open Design & Manufacturing across Europe: An exploratory study (12−26). OD&M Research Report Integral.
- FP7 research project “P2P Value”. “Best Practices for CBPP Communities & Policy Recommendations”, researching how public policies have influenced commons-based peer production (case studies: Greece and Ecuador). P2P Value, FP7-ICT-2013-10 Project: 610961. site text