- Ezio Manzini: Small, Local, Open and Connected As Way of the Future
- Reasoned Localization and Selective Deglobalization. Discussion excerpted from Christian Arnsperger.
- Four Stages of Temporal-Spatial Organization in Human History. Jason F. McLennan. 
- Re-localisation, as Alternative Globalisation ; 'p2p' discussion by Jose Ramos and Michel Bauwens
- Phyles, a globa-local mutualist association for business, centered around a commons
This graphic from John Robb shows the evolution of manufacturing from mass manufacturing to globa-local distributed custom manufacturing, giving a timeline for its realization as well.
Related Wiki sections
With the advent of the P2P Mode of Production, the community and its common is now the appropriate scale
"We’re seeing something that is historically shocking—the reduction to zero of the cost of an especially valuable part of capital, which materializes directly knowledge (free software, free designs, etc.). And above all we see, almost day by day, how the optimum size of production, sector by sector, approaches or reaches the community dimension.
The possibility for the real community, the one based on interpersonal relationships and affections, to be an efficient productive unit is something radically new, and its potential to empower is far from having been developed. This means that we are lucky enough to live in a historical moment when it would seem that the whole history of technology, with all its social and political challenges, has coalesced to put us within reach of the possibility of developing ourselves in a new way and contributing autonomy to our community.
Today we have an opportunity that previous generations did not: to transform production into something done, and enjoyed, among peers. We can make work a time that is not walled off from life itself, which capitalism revealingly calls “time off.” That’s the ultimate meaning of producing in common today. That’s the immediate course of every emancipatory action. The starting point."
- David de Ugarte 
- Why Localization is Inevitable in a Resource-Scarce World. By Fred Curtis, David Ehrenfeld. Solutions Journal, Jan 2012 
Key Educational Resources
Localization Seminar. A syllabus for a course or reading group on the topic of localization.
Key Policy Resources
- Great Localization: Policy recommendations from the New Economics Institute:
Pages in category "Localization"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.