Open International Development
Open aid and open international development refer to several things:
- Open Data in international development. Note that this is not the same as having an API - everyone must also be free to use the data as they wish.
- Open Knowledge for aid and international development - which includes the use of open licenses.
- Open Standards for knowledge sharing in international development.
The word "open" has become trendy. It is important to distinguish between (for example) APIs for data which come with restrictive use agreements, and true openness through Open Licenses and open wikis.
- Open Development on Appropedia.
- Open Development Wiki - a role taken by Appropedia. Examples of resources for open development include:
- The Working Group on Open Knowledge in Development, convened by the Open Knowledge Foundation.