Hippocratic Oath for the Data Scientist
From P2P Foundation
"I decided to write my own personal pledge; adapted from the latest version of the Hippocratic Oath from the Declaration of Geneva.
- I solemnly pledge to practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
- To respect the privacy of the people whose data is confided in me;
- To maintain the utmost respect for the individuals whose data I am analyzing;
- To be transparent, open, and honest about the type of analysis I am applying to their data;
- To never use my knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;