We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
- ending the destruction of the biosphere by abandoning the dangerous conceptions of pseudo-abundance in the natural world (i.e. based on the assumption that natural resources are infinite);
- promoting free cultural exchange by abandoning the innovation-inhibiting conceptions of pseudo-scarcity in the cultural world (i.e. based on the assumption that the free flow of culture needs to be restricted through excessive copyrights etc...).
Can we help you? How to support us?
- How you can help us?; How To Contribute; How to Write for our Wiki; P2P Foundation Wiki Requested Articles
- We are conducting P2P Seminars to assist individuals, organizations and society at large in their efforts to adapt to the new participative world based on social innovation. See the Testimonials page for some reactions. And here is a version of our slide presentation at Slideshare
- Support the P2P Foundation by buying your books at our Bookstore
- Why is participation to the P2P Foundation not totally open?
- Important notice on COPYRIGHT: Fair Use Notice