'Ready to Use' Consumer Electronics
- Chumby: "The internet-alarm clock-information-station does more than just run Linux. With a 3.5” touchscreen, an ARM9, integrated Wi-Fi, and an accelerometer, all wrapped up in a rotund, friendly enclosure, there’s no question that it’s a bona fide consumer gadget."
- The VIA OpenBook was a concept for an open source hardware netbook released in 2008. Unfortunately, while VIA has long since launched other netbooks, it seems like this was more a marketing attempt than a full-fledged project.
- Qi Hardware NanoNote: an open source hardware handheld mobile PC
- OpenMoko’s Neo FreeRunner: open source smartphone
Agriculture, Development, Energy, Environment, and Sustainability
Related categories: Agrifood, Energy.
For status updates, go here at http://www.open-innovation-projects.org/project-list/simple?start=0
- Absorber Roof:low cost solar absorbing roofing material, details in the public domain
- Agua Clara, Open Design Water Treatment Plants
- AKVO, open source water and sanitation 
- Akvopedia: open database on smart and affordable water and sanitation technology, open to be contributed, edited and used
- Appropedia Foundation; Website with wiki and forum on open sustainable hardware and related projects
- Build-It-Solar - Plans and tools nd nformation to do renewable energy and conservation projects.
- Canuckle: designed to be the LEGO of alternative energy. The first project is a highly accurate solar tracker
- Concentrated Solar Power Open Source Initiative ; (CSPOSI) - Project Archimedes: hybrid thermal solar collector for distributed power generation and water purification; Software and electronics hardware for concentrated solar power under GNU General Public License 
- Global Village Construction Set by Open Source Ecology
- Open Design Water Treatment Plants: see the Agua Clara project
- Good Stove Cost and energy efficient stoves for the use in developing countries 
- Open Green Tech Database: e5 interlinks Clean Tech companies, research institutes, actors from the Open Source movement, legal experts and development organisations
- Open Source Solar Heat Pump: electrical generation project
- Open Sustainability Network
- Open Shaspa: Social Energy Tracker
- OSCirrus, expandable, open source software weather station built on inexpensive hardware and weather sensors.
- SHPEGS Open Energy Project (Solar Heat Pump Electrical Generation System): open concept for a renewable base load power station for moderate climates, based on solar and geothermal heat 
- SolaRoof, open design of solar energy for households
- Tweet-a-Watt]: Social Energy Tracker
- Your Green Dream: for diy renewable communities
- WxMonitor, Open Source Weather Monitoring
Building and Housing, Furniture
- Auram CEB Block System] developed at Auroville India: This is the most advanced CEB block system in existence. Sort-of open in that they claim the technology is offered free to the world to use, but don't publish exact plans for anything
- Contraptor: aiming to create an open-design construction set,
- Fragment Store]: modular self-combined fragments of design furniture
- Good Stove, open source stove for the poor
- Grid Beam Building System, reuseable parts for building
- Hexayurt, an open source disaster relief shelter
- Ikea Hacker Do it yourself blog on the base of corporate products
- Liberator, aka "Open Farm Tech's Liberator Compressed Earth Block machine; 
- MIT House-n 'chassis' system
- Movisi Open Design Furniture
- Open Architecture Network
- Open Remote, an Open Domotics community
- Open Sailing: modular marine architecture
- Open Source Construction Systems
- Open Source House: 2 project; most recent is here
- Open Source Induction Furnace Project
- Open Source Washing Machine OSWASH
- Open Straw is an Open Source Prefab Strawbale House that can be built for $7k 
Entertainment, Fashion, Leisure and Learning
- Aibo Hack: for Sony's Aibo and some other pet robots, see http://www.aibohack.com/pleo/yapt.htm
- Circuit Bending
- Lego Factory, design your own kits, in the corporate framework
- Lilypad: wearable microcontrollers and other electonic components,
- LugNet, design your own Lego kits, outside the corporate framework
- Natron und Soda: German language sewing community
- Niketalk: open sneaker community
- Open Source Camera, Stanford University's 'frankencamera' platform
- The Open Source Embroidery project
- Open Source Sewing Patterns such as Burdastyle
- Pamoyo, open source green fashion label
- PlaymoBeach: Customizing of Playmobil
- Pleo: a toy dinosaur baby robot which is able to behave. The behavior is of course just software... The company producing Pleo is actively supporting community by making the product open for software. See also: http://www.aibohack.com/pleo/yapt.htm
- [Pret a Printer], TShirt Designs by Taskforge
- Ravelry: a knit and crochet community
- Zero Prestige, has captured much of the kiteboarding market through a website for sharing the plans of kites
- Zoybar: an Open Design Guitar
- CandyFab Project, do it yourself sugar printer
- Open Cola
- [ http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Solar_Cooking_Archive_Wiki Solar Cooking]
- Wine Hacking
Related categories: Health
- BioBricks: refer to a specific "brand" of open source genetic parts as defined via an open technical standards setting process that is led by the BioBricks Foundation
- InVesalius, a brazilian open source medical imaging 3D reconstruction software
- Myopen Signal Processor: Skin surface human interface device. Interpret muscle movements for video gaming, prosthetic control, robotic teleoperation and more.
- Open EEG
- Open source solar hearing-aid charger by Godisa Technologies
- Open Source Pharma (speculation)
- Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD)
- OpenStim: The Open Noninvasive Brain Stimulator (see also)
- Open Prosthetics Project
- Open Source Medicine
- Open Spirometry: low cost, open source spirometer
- Pandemic ventilator
- Polonator: the Open Source Genome Sequencer
- Whirlwind Wheelchair International
Related categories: Transportation.
- AeroModeller2: research into an autonomous self-generating hydrogen-based zero-emission low-cost low-tech nomad houseboat airship
- C,mm,n , Dutch Open Source Car project
- DIY Drones, amateur Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Do-it-yourself Electronic Fuel Injection 
- EDAG Open Source Light Car
- eMoped: light weight electric motorcycle from Letsevo in Brazil
- EVProduction club () is an organization with a wiki to design and produce open source electric vehicles and complements
- Fiat Mio A crowdsourced concept car 
- Microkopter: German 'quadrokopter' miniature helicopter community
- LifeTrac, tractor, also called OSTrac, the Open Source Tractor
- Local Motors: = maker of the Rally Fighter, a car designed through Crowdsourcing, first to go into production
- Open Moto X: TTXGP electric race bike.
- Open Source Battery Project for Electric Vehicles
- Open Source Car: overview page
- Open Bicycle Computer: to show and log data that are important when you are on the road with your bicycle
- Open Sailing
- Open Source Green Vehicle, an attempt to design an environmental friendly SUV using open source principles.
- Open Source Hydrogen Car: the Riversimple project
- Open Source Scooter, a project to make a Segway-type vehicle
- Open Source Velomobile Development Project
- Open Waterbike 
- OSCav : open source compressed air vehicle.
- OSMC - An open source Motor Control project, meant primarily for robotics but applicable to low-power electric vehicles and other uses
- River Simple: a platform for fuel-efficient cars
- Sahkoautot, Electric Cars Now!, Finnish project
- Transportable Infrastructures for Development and Emergency Support: 7 critical infrastructures
- Trev, Two-Seater Renewable Energy Vehicle
- Trexa: DIY Open Source Electric Vehicle
- Vehicle Design Summit 2.0: aims to create a 4-passenger, 200 MPGe, high-performance industry-standard car with minimal life cycle costs
- Worldbike, read What is open source bycicle design?
- Xmaran: a project to develop an open source sail cruiser that will form the basis for a modular floating community.
- Xtracycle: open design for bicycle
- How to build a 72Volt electric motorcycle
- Converting a Mitsubishi to electric with step by step videos.
- Build Your Own Electric Car
- Callooh, A free hardware CNC router project
- Clanking Replicator Project is a bootstrap 3D printer that can make you pretty much anything that can be made from plastic
- Contraptor : a DIY open source construction set for experimental personal fabrication, desktop manufacturing, prototyping and bootstrapping.
- Desktop CNC router - A three axis cnc machine that can be easily built using standard, home handyman level, tools.
- Fabaroni is a homemade 3D printer
- [email protected]: a project dedicated to making and using fabbers - machines that can make almost anything, right on your desktop
- MAS863 - a simple home 3D scanner
- The micRo universal fabricator is a unique system which can be used for both additive (printing) and subtractive (milling, cutting) fabrication. It is a precise, modular tool which allows you to create complex objects out of wood, metal, plastic and more. From: Lumen Lab
- Makerbot, a project of RepRap
- Microfactories, like oomlout's wire cutting system 
- Multimachine, all-purpose machine tool, an example of Multiple-Purpose Production Technology
- Open Automation Project engineers modular software and electronic components, from which it is possible to assemble an intelligent PC-based mobile robot suitable for home or office environments.
- Open 3DP
- Open Source CNC Milling Machine
- Open Source CNC Systems
- Open Source Machine - Home of The MultiMachine, an all-purpose machine tool that can be built by a semi-skilled mechanic with just common hand tools.
- Open Source Torch Table, see RepTab
- P3P, see Open 3DP, powder-based personal 3D printer student project 
- RepRap - Replicating Rapid-prototyper is a self-copying 3D printer - a self-replicating machine.
- RepTab: a CNC plasma torch table (cuts through steel), by Open Source Ecology
- Ronen Kadushin Open Design - a practical repository of physical shape algorithms
- CFree: high quality telescope optics, for astronomy
- Open rTMS Project = open 'god helmet' project 
- Pearl Gel Box, an Open Hardware Electrophoresis Gel Box (genetics)
- Pranav Mistry, the SixthSense Augmented Realitysystem 
- The Robot Operating System of Willow Garage