Difference between revisions of "List of ContactCon Related Projects"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
*[http://MiiU.org/wiki/Charity Seeding Resilient Communities] - a "challenge offer"
*[http://MiiU.org/wiki/Charity Seeding Resilient Communities] - a "challenge offer" for donors and online to help areas that to and . of can to
vest self-help groups as beneficiaries of land trusts, after the of "land grant" universities, and
new sitesto for .
Revision as of 03:04, 27 July 2011
See: ContactCon for general information about the conference
Business, Exchange and Social Commerce
- Bitcoin - p2p virtual currency, offering censorship resistance and anonymity; and based on strong encryption
- OurGoods - barter network for the creative community
- BEEx - open source fundraising platform
- Metacurrency Project - seeks to build a platform and protocol standards that will allow for multiple and interoperable currencies to exist on the Internet
- Community Forge - free, open source software for setting up an alternative economy
Sustainability & Resilience
- FLO Farm - a 200 acre space in Greentown, PA that serves as a free/libre/open source (FLO) technology development laboratory and proving ground, a health and wellness center, a recreational landscape, an agroforestry and permaculture farm and a setting for experimentation in participatory governance practices
- Seeding Resilient Communities - a "challenge offer" initiative for donors and online allies to help areas that want to create more transparent and resilient environments. The value of challenge offers can hinge on local actions to:
1) vest self-help groups as beneficiaries of land trusts, after the model of "land grant" universities, and 2) pilot new transparency-centered reforms to awaken land values on these sites, to the benefit of groups working for resiliency that now lack sustainable sources of funding.
- Personal Democracy Forum - conversation hub between political practitioners and technologists, as well as anyone invigorated by the potential of all this to open up the process and engage more people in all the things that we can and must do together as citizens.
- Collabforge - consultancy leveraging mass collaboration and social technology to make government and enterprise more open and participatory.
- The Dynamic Democracy Initiative - delegating decision-making power to people you trust within specific areas of expertise. Website coming soon.
Technology and Infrastructure
- ""LittleShoot"" - P2P browser plugin & open source P2P platform built on a VoIP stack
- ""Lantern"" - P2P censorship circumvention tool
- Aidphone Flybox - box with inmarsat terminal, wifi access point, and GSM basestation to provide internet & mobile phone service to indy journalistsin crisis situations
- Free Network Movement - community of college-aged student in Grinnell, IA, participating in initiatives to improve and produce free networking software
- Pangaia - Unified information model with social governance software.
- Tor Project - free software and an open network to defend against traffic analysis, a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security
- Project Byzantium - A rapidly deployable, improvisable wireless mesh network that aims to help solve the Egypt Problem (widespread Internet censorship and/or telecommunications shutdown) and the Katrina Problem (natural disaster knocks out much of the infrastructure).