Global Power Elite
* Book: Giants: The Global Power Elite. By Peter Phillips. Project Censored, 2018
"Who holds the purse strings to the majority of the world’s wealth? There is a new global elite at the controls of our economic future, and here former Project Censored director and media monitoring sociologist Peter Phillips unveils for the general reader just who these players are. The book includes such power players as Larry Fink, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Jamie Dimon, and Warren Buffett.
As the number of men with as much wealth as half the world fell from sixty-two to just eight between January 2016 and January 2017, according to Oxfam International, fewer than 200 super-connected asset managers at only 17 asset management firms—each with well over a trillion dollars in assets under management–now represent the financial core of the world’s transnational capitalist class. Members of the global power elite are the management–the facilitors–of world capitalism, the firewall protecting the capital investment, growth, and debt collection that keeps the status quo from changing. Each chapter in Giants identifies by name the members of this international club of multi-millionaires, their 17 global financial companies—and including NGOs such as the Group of Thirty and the Trilateral Commission—and their transnational military protectors, so the reader, for the first time anywhere, can identify who consitutes this network of influence, where the wealth is concentrated, how it suppresses social movements, and how it can be redistributed for maximum systemic change."
- Transnational Capitalist Class Power Elite: A Seventy-Year History
- The Global Financial Giants: The Central Core of Global Capitalism, 17 capital investment firms with over $1 trillion dollars, a $41.1 trillion dollar cluster of cross-invested centralized capital
- Managers: The Global Power Elite of the Financial Giants, 199 directors of the Giant investment firms, names biographies and public net worth
- Facilitators: The Power Elite Policy Planning Center of the Transnational Capitalist Class, the 86 policy elites in the G-30 and the Trilateral Commission, names biographies and public net worth
- Protectors: The Power Elite and the US Military NATO Empire, Intelligence Agencies, and Private Military Companies, the executive committee of the Atlantic Council, names biographies and public net worth
- Ideologists: Corporate Media and Public Relations Propaganda Firms, top media officials and the three largest PR firms, names biographies and public net worth
- Facing the Juggernaut: Democracy Movements and Resistance