= monetary transformation advocate, author of the book, Web of Debt
"My main focus is the need for monetary reform, which can achieve these important goals, among others –
– shift the money power from the creation of a national “debt supply” through parasitic bank loans – a power now held chiefly by Wall Street — to a non-debt money supply created as a public service, operated by and for the benefit of the people.
– provide public benefits including the elimination of the national debt and its interest payment of ~$400 billion/year.
– make the government the employer of last resort, creating full employment and falling prices due to wise investment of this labor (infrastructure, education, etc.).
– create credit at cost as a funding mechanism for public services/goods, with state-level credit creation an important option.
– provide total benefits of at least a trillion dollars a year that we can quickly calculate, and probably more." (http://webofdebt.wordpress.com/response-to-gary-north/)