- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Schumannstr. 8, 10117 Berlin
- Fon: (030) 285 34-0, Fax: (030) 285 34-109
Choices you have for booking your own accomodation.
Best Western Hotel Berlin-Mitte
- Albrechtstraße 25/Reinhardtstraße, 10117 Berlin, (right opposite the Heinrich Böll Foundation)
- Tel: ++49 (0) 30-5268000, [email protected]
- Website: http://www.bestwestern.de/hotels/Berlin/BEST-WESTERN-Hotel-Berlin-Mitte
- 93 € for single
- 103 € for double room incl. breakfast
These are special rates for us and if you want to book your accommodation in this hotel, kindly mention the code “1925972 Heinrich Böll” when booking.
Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof
- Invalidenstraße 54, 10557 Berlin (1,8 km to the Heinrich Böll Foundation)
- Tel: ++49 (0)30- 3641005-0, [email protected]
- Website: http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/berlin/hotel-berlin-hauptbahnhof/#t=hotelinfo
- 76,50 € for single room incl. breakfast
These are special rates for us and if you want to book your accommodation in this hotel, kindly mention the code “534085748 Heinrich Böll” when booking.
If you look for alternatives to a hotel, please browse through the following web-pages:
- BeWelcome in Berlin
- Couchsurfing in Berlin
- Alternative flats:
Please look for the area around or in Berlin-Mitte. City codes: 10115, 10117, 10119, 10178, 10179 which is the nearest area to the Foundation.
There is direct bus connection from the airport Tegel to the Heinrich Böll Foundation and Best Western Hotel with bus TXL Airport Express, costing only 2.40 € for one way ticket (Zones A & B). Get down at the 7th stop “Karlplatz” and then walk 350 meters to the Heinrich Böll Foundation, or to the Best Western Hotel. You can also stop at the Station "Washingtonplatz/Hauptbahnhof" to go the Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof Hotel.
How to get there:
For guests arriving by train at the Central Railway Station (Hauptbahnhof) you find Motel One/ Berlin Hauptbahnhof next to the Railway Station. You can also take the TXL bus from Washingtonplatz (Exit to the South). Get down at the next stop “Karlplatz” or even walk the entire way to the Heinrich Böll Foundation (1.8 km, see map).
The nearest major station is Bahnhof Friedrichstrasse where all Stadtexpress (SE) or Regionalexpress (RE) trains, S- or U-Bahn from all four directions stop as well as the RE and SE trains or S-Bahn from and to the (Zones A, B and C costing 3,10 €) Schoenefeld Airport.
Upon arrival at Bahnhof Friedrichstraße take the Exit (to the West), cross the River Spree on the roofed iron bridge, then walk on the Albrechtstrasse and then cross the Reinhardtstrasse and you will see the Heinrich Böll Foundation on the left and Best Western on the right.
Whom to contact in case you need advice?
- Kim Nommesch, Conference Assistant, mailto: [email protected]
- Tsewang Norbu, Conference Assistant, mailto: [email protected]
- Simone Zühr, Project Manager at International Politics Desk, mailto: [email protected].de
phone: ++49 +30+28534-317, cellphone (during conference): 0151+54443410 (logistics/ admin)