Difference between revisions of "Common Good Bank"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 01:41, 4 November 2009
Common good banks will be the cornerposts of a new economic system -- a democratic, community-based system that can support and empower ordinary people everywhere to put an end to war, poverty, hunger, unemployment and global warming, before it is too late.
- All profits go to schools and other nonprofits.
- Depositors decide what the bank should invest in.
- Free local credit card processing for local businesses.
- Micro-loans for new businesses and community projects.
- A full range of secure, FDIC-insured banking services.
- Committed to sustainability and economic justice.
- Common Good Bank, A Society to Benefit Everyone - An article that has a more personal account of the early stages of the project
- The Common Good Bank site
- An introductory video (with subtitles) 
- Solidarity Economics
- Binary Economics
- Alternative Currencies
- Open Money
- Interest and Inflation Free Money
- JAK Bank