Difference between revisions of "Common Good Bank"
(→Key resources: Added link to [http://www.friendsjournal.org/common-good-bank-society-benefit-everyone Common Good Bank, A Society to Benefit Everyone])
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Revision as of 00:26, 19 October 2009
Common good banks will be the cornerposts of a new economic system -- a democratic, community-based system that can support and empower ordinary people everywhere to put an end to war, poverty, hunger, unemployment and global warming, before it is too late.
- All profits go to schools and other nonprofits.
- Depositors decide what the bank should invest in.
- Free local credit card processing for local businesses.
- Micro-loans for new businesses and community projects.
- A full range of secure, FDIC-insured banking services.
- Committed to sustainability and economic justice.
- Common Good Bank, A Society to Benefit Everyone - An article that has a more personal account of the early stages of the project
- The Common Good Bank site
- An introductory video (with subtitles)