Jump to navigation Jump to search
New section focuses on urban commons developments, including policy and political aspects.
Christian Iaione and Sheila Foster:
"We have distilled five key design principles for the urban commons:
- Principle 1: Collective governance refers to the presence of a multi-stakeholder governance scheme whereby the community emerges as an actor and partners up with at least three different urban actors
- Principle 2: Enabling State expresses the role of the State in facilitating the creation of urban commons and supporting collective action arrangements for the management and sustainability of the urban commons.
- Principle 3: Social and Economic Pooling refers to the presence of different forms of resource pooling and cooperation between five possible actors in the urban environment
- Principle 4: Experimentalism is the presence of an adaptive and iterative approach to designing the legal processes and institutions that govern urban commons.
- Principle 5: Tech Justice highlights access to technology, the presence of digital infrastructure, and open data protocols as an enabling driver of collaboration and the creation of urban commons."
- Two articles by Jonathan Metzger, on including the non-human in our vision of the urban commons: 1) Rethinking the Urban Commons Beyond the Human vs Non-Human Divide ; 2) Enacting the Relational Complexities of More-Than-Human Urban Commoners
- The commonsbrochure of the city of Amsterdam: http://heeldeaarde.net/magazine/
- Mary Dellenbaugh-Losse. The Urban Commons Cookbook: " A handbook for those interested in starting and growing community-led projects which highlights eight projects from Europe, South America, and the United Kingdom". 
- Book: Urban Commons: Moving Beyond State and Market. Ed. by Mary Dellenbaugh, Markus Kip et al. Bauwelt Fundamente, 2015; see: Moving the Urban Commons Beyond State and Market
- Renato Accorinti, mayor of the Sicilian city of Messina, Italy
- Ada Colau, the mayor of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
- Luigi de Magistris: the mayor of Naples, Italy
- Eric Piolle: the mayor of Grenoble, France
- Jorge Sharp: the Mayor of Valparaíso (Chile)
- Nele Aernout (VUB)Differentiated Forms of Commoning in a Rental Cooperative, http://urbanstudies.brussels/people/nele-aernouts
- Line Algoed (VUB): Re-Commoning Land in Informal Settlements as Strategies Against Dispossessions, http://www.cosmopolis.be/people/line-algoed
- Alessandra Manganelli (VUB): Food Commoning in Practice. Investigating the Hybrid Governance of Local Food Networks in Brussels, http://www.cosmopolis.be/people/alessandra-manganelli