Association of Peer to Peer Researchers
Draft page for working group. Under construction. The APP4 does not yet exist.
The idea is to create a research group centering around understanding the 'object' of emerging peer to peer dynamics, and more particularly the emerging forms of peer production, governance and property, and the associated paradigms of openness, participation, and commons-orientation.
The idea is to combine academic standards and the best of the academic tradition, but to combine it with a few augmentations:
- opening up to the participation of non-academics as long as academic standards can be observed
- opening up to more participatory or inclusive forms of peer review
- commitment to publishing in open access formats wherever possible
- commitment to human emancipation, i.e. the research is combined with a positive charge of achieving a more just society, broadly defined as a society that allows more free interactions between its members
- to be independent but also aligned with the p2p knowledge commons of the P2P Foundation
- to be a group which aims for the mutual support of p2p researchers, including aiming at the 'sustainability' of such research
- to promote the diffusion of knowledge of p2p dynamics, particularly the research from its own members
Potential Core Members
- Philippe Aigrain, [email protected]
- Saul Albert
- Daniel Araya, daniel (at) jgse.org, USA
- Adam Arvidsson, [email protected], Italy
- Carolina Botero, [email protected], Colombia
- Yann Moulier-Boutang ; <[email protected]>
- Kevin Carson, mutualist author and researcher
- Adrian Chan is a researcher specializing in social software and 'relations'.
- Sean Cubitt, [email protected], Winchester School of Art (University of Southampton),UK
- George Dafermos. TU Delf, [email protected], Greece, Netherlands
- Mark Elliot, [email protected]
- Jordi Guell, [email protected], Barcelona
- Joss Hands, [email protected]
- Paul Hartzog , PaulBHartzog (@) panarchy.com, USA
- Monica Horten ; University of Westminster, Communications and Media Research Institute, and maintainer of the IpTegrity blog, focuses on internet rights issues. Website: www.iptegrity.com. Contact at monica_horten (@) iptegrity.com ", uk
- Franco Iacomella  , Latin America Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO), franco-at-p2pfoundation.net, Argentina
- Dr Athina Karatzogianni, University of Hull, athina.k at gmail.com ; Greece, UK
- Vasilis Kostakis, kostakis.bATgmail.com; kostakis.org; Greece.
- Hervé Le Crosnier  , [email protected]; France
- Yuwei Lin, yuwei @ ylin.org; UK
- Patrick Meier, patrick(at)irevolution.net,  PhD Candidate at The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy and a Doctoral Research Fellow at the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative
- Ulises Mejias, [email protected]
- Massimo Menichinelli, openp2pdesign.org / Aalto University - Media Lab info at openp2pdesign.org; Italy
- Stefan Meretz, [email protected]
- Stefan Merten Founder and maintainer of Project Oekonux, smerten AT oekonux DOT de
- Dr Phoebe Moore, [email protected] ; UK
- Mayo Fuster Morell, [email protected], Phd Governance digital commons, commons sustainability, P2P infrastructure http://www.onlinecreation.info Barcelona & Boston
- Francesca Musiani: thesis research focuses on the development of decentralized alternatives to instruments of daily use, francesca.musiani(at)mines-paristech.fr, France
- Mathieu O'Neil, [email protected]; Uk
- Cosma Orsi. Roskilde University Centre, [email protected] ; Italy
- Natalie Pang, commons researcher, teaches Social Informatics and Information Management and is completing her PhD at Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Autralia. Her other interests include participatory design, cultural institutions and modern museology/library science, human-computer interaction, sociology and collective action theory in the contemporary media environment. Contact at nataliep[at]gmx.at ; Singapore
- Jussi Parikka, [email protected], Winchester School of Art (University of Southampton); UK
- Howard Rheingold, [email protected]
- Sam Rose, [email protected]
- Ned Rossiter, [email protected] ; University of Western Sydney UWS, Australia
- Dr. Sankaran Shankar teaches Strategic Management at International Management Institute, New Delhi. His other interests include Social Entrepreneurship, Knowledge Management, Learning Organizations, CSR and Pedagogy in Management Education. Contact at [email protected] ; India
- Christian Siefkes, [email protected]
- Johan Söderberg. Hacking Capitalism, [email protected] ; Sweden
- Nathaniel Tkacz, [email protected], phd candidate at the University of Melbourne. my focus is on new forms of knowledge made possible by new technologies (i.e. wikipedia)
- Tere Vadén, [email protected], Senior Lecturer, Hypermedia & Adjunct professor, Philosophy, Univeristy of Tampere, Finland, [email protected]; Finland
- Jaap Van Till, Emeritus professor telecommunication & networks- TUDelft; http://www.vantill.dds.nl/, [email protected] ; Netherlands
- Mackenzie Wark; [email protected]
- Steve Wright is a lecturer in Information Management and Systems at Monash University. He is the author of Storming Heaven: Class Composition and Struggle in Italian Autonomist Marxism (London: Pluto, 2002).
- Sandra Braman, Professor of Communication at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. Recent work includes Change of State: Information, Policy, and Power (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2006) and The Emergent Global Information Policy Regime (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004); Web: http://www.uwm.edu/~braman; E–mail: braman [at] uwm [dot] edu
- Dr. Mariano Zukerfeld, Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA) <[email protected]>
- Etienne R. Figueroa, E-mail: etiennefigueroa [at] gmail [dot] com
Suggestion from Herve Le Crosnier:
- Olivier Blondeau ??
- Olivier Ertzscheid <[email protected]>
- Mélanie Dulong de Rosnay <[email protected]>
- Laurence Allard <[email protected]>
Suggested by Tere Vaden
- Herkko Hietanen - Ville Oksanen - Mikko Välimäki: Community Created Content - Law, Business and Policy, Turre Publishing, 2007
Suggested by Natalie Pang:
- Prof Theng Yin-Leng from the Nanyang Technological University.
- James Seng, [email protected]
PhD and other researchers
- Chu, John, = researcher in Open Entreprise and corporate governance
- Shaw, Ryan, = researcher in Peer Production and Peer Governance, " a Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley’s School of Information and a researcher at Yahoo! Research Berkeley.
- Richard Adler, Oort-Cloud, [email protected]
- Henrik Ingo, Sun Microsystems, [email protected]; Details at Ingo, Henrik
- Fabio Barone, @faboolous
- Tim Murphy is a Collective Intelligence researcher and activist.
- Thompson, Ken, "Ken is the founder of www.bioteams.com – a research blog dedicated to how organizational teams can learn from nature’s best teams.
To Do List
- go through webcast and podcast directory to scan names
- go through bio directory ibid