Alex Pazaitis is a core member of P2P Lab, an interdisciplinary research collective, spin-off of the Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology and of the P2P Foundation. He holds an MA in Technology Governance and is Junior Research Fellow and PhD candidate at the Ragnar Nurkse Department.
Alex is leading parts of the COSMOLOCALISM and CENTRINNO projects. In the past he and has been involved in numerous research activities, including scholarly papers and research and innovation projects. Alex has professional experience in project management and has worked as a consultant for private and public organizations. His research interests include technology governance; innovation policy; digital commons; open cooperativism and distributed ledger technologies.
- e-mail: alex.pazaitis (AT) gmail.com; alexandros.pazaitis (AT) taltech.ee
- Kostakis, V., and Pazaitis, A. (2020). Who Creates Value? Insights on Value Theory From the Last Dance. Halduskultuur: The Estonian Journal of Administrative Culture and Digital Governance, 21(1), 76-85. (text)
- Pazaitis, A., Kostakis, V., Kallis, G., and Troullaki, K. (2020). Should We Look for a Hero to Save Us from the Coronavirus? The Commons as an Alternative Trajectory for Social Change. TripleC: Communication, Capitalism & Critique, 18(2): 613-621. (text)
- Pazaitis, A. (2020). Breaking the chains of open innovation: Post-blockchain and the case of Sensorica. Information, 11(2): 104. (text)
- Pazaitis, A., De Filippi, P., and Kostakis, V. (2017). Blockchain and value systems in the sharing economy: The illustrative case of Backfeed, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 125: 105-115. (text)
- Pazaitis, A., Kostakis, V., and Bauwens, M. (2017). Digital economy and the rise of open cooperativism: The case of the Enspiral Network. Transfer: European Review of Labour and Research. 23(2): 177-192. (text)
- Giotitsas, C., Pazaitis, A., and Kostakis, V. (2015). A peer-to-peer approach to energy production. Technology in Society, 42: 28-38. (text)
- Bauwens, M., Kostakis, V., & Pazaitis, A. (2019). Peer to Peer: The Commons Manifesto. London, UK: Westminster University Press. Free E-book available (text)
Chapters and others
- Pazaitis, A. and Drechsler, W. (2021). Peer Production and State Theory: Envisioning a Cooperative Partner State. In M. O'Neil, C. Pentzold, & S. Toupin (Eds.), The Handbook of Peer Production (pp. 359-370). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Pazaitis, A. and Bauwens, M. (2020). New roles of citizens, markets and the state for an open-source agricultural revolution. In: J.L. Vivero Pol, T. Ferrado, O. De Schutter, & U. Mattei (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Food as a Commons (pp. 70-84). New York: Routledge. (text)
- Bauwens, M. and Pazaitis, A. (2019). P2P Accounting for planetary survival: Towards a P2P infrastructure for a socially-just circular society. A joint publication between the P2P Foundation, Guerrilla Foundation and Schoepflin Foundation. (text)
- Bauwens, M., Kostakis, V., & Pazaitis, A. (2016). Towards a society of the commons. In W. Baier, E. Canepa & E. Himmelstoss (Eds.), Transformative Strategies: European Network for Alternative Thinking and Political Dialogue. London: The Merlin Press. (text)
- Pazaitis, A., Kostakis, V., & Drechsler, W. Towards a Theory of Value as a Commons: Production and Organisation in Times of the Digital Economy (Doctoral dissertation)