We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
Can we help you? How to support us?
Our Key Resources
Who We Are
Online Book Projects
Contact Michel or Guaka if you're interested in maintaining our subject pages!
Guides and Introductions
Collective Intelligence • Decision-making • Open Design Communities for Physical Production • Open Standards • P2P Ecology • P2P Facilitation • P2P Gaming and Metaverses • P2P Geography • P2P Learning • P2P Media • P2P Money • P2P Music • P2P Policy • P2P Politics • P2P Relationality • P2P Science • P2P Spirituality • P2P Technology
Articles • Books • Case Studies • Companies • Conferences • Curricula • Encyclopedia • Fiction • Graphics • Individuals • Interviews • Movements • Podcasts and Audio • Reference • Research • Resources and tools • Statistics • Webcasts • Wiki's
Chinese-Language • Dutch-Language • French-Language • German-Language • Greek-Language • Italian-Language • Mongolian-Language • Portuguese-Language • Spanish-Language • Swedish-Language • Thai-Language
What is the P2P Foundation all about?
Introduction to the shape of the new p2p economy:
- new collaborative practices are emerging 
- undertaken by a new type of 'ethical' economic agents, 
- who are mutualizing their productive forces 
- practicing 'open' (i.e. IP-free) business models 
- with access to new types of distributed funding 
- and are change institutions accordingly through Law and Policy
- aided by,New value metrics and accounting practices 
- P2P infrastructures for cooperation  and distributed manufacturing 
P2P in a Nutshell - an easy way to discover the ideas of the P2P Foundation, compiled by Mauro Bieg.
P2P Audiovisual Guide - How-to make, promote and find people powered media, compiled by Valentin Spirik.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete - Buckminster Fuller 
- The richest collection of free modes available anywhere in the net and on the planet. - Franz Nahrada