Free Software Principles for Artists
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Policy Recommendations by Rob Myers:
- Artists should campaign to oppose the extension of copyright and trademark law and the reduction of fair use.
- Artists should use copyleft licensing to ensure the free circulation of ideas.
- Artists who are interested to do so can investigate the use of collaborative project management.
- Artists who are interested to do so should produce work to show the value of fair use and the public domain.
- Artists who are interested to do so should challenge copyright maximalists and censors by using mass media imagery and transgressive imagery.
- Artists should use Free Software and free (or open) file formats for accessibility, and help drive improvement of them.
See the book Our Space