Alexandros (Alex) Pazaitis is research fellow at P2P Lab, an interdisciplinary research hub, community-driven makerspace and spin-off of the P2P Foundation and Ragnar Nurkse School. Alex has participated in numerous research activities, from co-authoring scholarly papers to drafting research and innovation proposals. He has professional experience in project management, participating as a consultant for private and public organizations in planning and implementation of various cooperation projects, funded under European Territorial Cooperation Programmes and other EU Programmes. His research interests include technology governance; innovation policy and sustainability; desktop manufacturing; commons; and blockchain-mediated collaboration.
Alex is currently in pursuit of the MA in Technology Governance at Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology, having previously studied at the University of Macedonia, Greece (BA in International and European Economic Relations) and at the Phillipp University of Marburg, Germany (ERASMUS scholar at the Department of Political Science and Philosophy). He is fluent in Greek, English and German language.
- Giotitsas, C., Pazaitis, A., and Kostakis, V. (2015). "A peer-to-peer approach to energy production". Technology in Society, 42: 28–38
- Bauwens, M., Kostakis, V., & Pazaitis, A. (2016, forthcoming). "Towards a Society of the Commons". In W. Baier, E. Canepa & E. Himmelstoss (Eds.), Transformative Strategies: European Network for Alternative Thinking and Political Dialogue. London: The Merlin Press.
- "Do patents spur technological innovation and entrepreneurship? The case of the three-dimensional printing industry". Participants: Pazaitis, A. and Kostakis, V.
- "New roles of citizens, state and markets for an open-source agricultural revolution". Participants (in alphabetical order): Bauwens, M., Pantazis, A., Pazaitis, A.
- "Institutions of transition for a new socio-technical regime: empowering open collaboration in the National System of Innovation". Participants (in alphabetical order): Drechsler, W., Kostakis, V., Pazaitis, A., Tsiavos, P.