Alex Pazaitis is a core member of the interdisciplinary research collective P2P Lab, spin-off of the Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology and of the P2P Foundation. He holds an MA in Technology Governance and is Junior Research Fellow and PhD candidate at the Ragnar Nurkse Department.
Alex is a core team member of the COSMOLOCALISM project and has been involved in numerous research activities, including scholarly papers and research and innovation projects. He has professional experience in project management and has worked as a consultant for private and public organizations. His research interests include technology governance; innovation policy; digital commons; open cooperativism and distributed ledger technologies.
- e-mail: alex.pazaitis (AT) gmail.com; alex.pazaitis (AT) p2pfoundation.net
- Pazaitis, A., De Filippi, P. & Kostakis, V. (2017) Blockchain and value systems in the sharing economy: The illustrative case of Backfeed, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 125: 105-115.
- Pazaitis, A., Kostakis, V. & Bauwens, M. (2017). Digital economy and the rise of open cooperativism: The case of the Enspiral Network. Transfer: European Review of Labour and Research. 23(2): 177-192.
- Giotitsas, C., Pazaitis, A., and Kostakis, V. (2015). A peer-to-peer approach to energy production. Technology in Society, 42: 28-38.
- Bauwens, M., Kostakis, V., & Pazaitis, A. (2019) Peer to Peer: The Commons Manifesto. London, UK: Westminster University Press. Free E-book available here
- Pazaitis, A. and Drechsler, W. (2020, forthcoming) Peer Production and State Theory: Envisioning a Cooperative Partner State. In M. O'Neil, C. Petzhold, & S. Toupin (Eds.), The Handbook of Peer Production. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Pazaitis, A. and Bauwens, M. (2019) New roles of citizens, markets and the state for an open-source agricultural revolution. In: Vivero Pol, J. L., Ferrado, T., De Schutter O., & Mattei, U. (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Food as a Commons (pp. 70-84). New York: Routledge.
- Bauwens, M., Kostakis, V., & Pazaitis, A. (2016). Towards a society of the commons. In W. Baier, E. Canepa & E. Himmelstoss (Eds.), Transformative Strategies: European Network for Alternative Thinking and Political Dialogue. London: The Merlin Press.
- Pazaitis, A. Capturing value from open innovation: the case of Sensorica (single-authored)
- Pazaitis, A., Kostakis, V., & Drechsler, W. Organising for sustainability in the information age: Elements of an alternative theory of value (Doctoral dissertation)