Open Software Services
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Software is less and less on the desktop, and more often now delivered as a service.
What does this imply for user freedoms as outlined in Free Software?
- See the typology of information services by Philippe Aigrain, at http://paigrain.debatpublic.net/?p=99
- Explanation by Kragen Sitaker at http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-tol/2006-July/000818.html
- Extensive reading list at the autonomo.us wiki, at http://autonomo.us/wiki/Main_Page
Statements of Principles
- The Open Software Service Definition, i.e. The Free/Open Service Definition (v1.0)
- Franklin Street Statement on Freedom and Network Services
- A list of Network Service Licenses