Internet of Production
= conference ('summit') in Copenhagen's meat packing district, Denmark, on September, 6, 2019
"Co-creating the Internet of Production
Much like we’ve seen the internet disrupt industries from news media, music and video, to commerce and financial services we now expect to see a disruption of product development and manufacturing industries.
A new era of collaborative design and production engineering is emerging, which involves communities of designers, software companies and developers, as well as manufacturers in new and more flexible economic relationships to deliver increasingly customised products and compete with large corporations in smaller and more agile groupings.
Three key trends are set to disrupt the way the next generation of physical products are designed, manufactured, and distributed:
- Product design is going online (3D models).
- Increasingly flexible machines, such as 3D-printers, CNC and robotics.
- Open and Internet-enabled supply chains.
This summit will share, discuss and work on developing open standards and infrastructure for:
- The way product designers share and work with files online.
- Interoperability between all the software services necessary to do everything from design to production (CAD-CAM, Simulation, Industrial IoT, quality testing data).
- The Internet-connected production capacity of flexible and digital fabrication machines.
In short, we call this the Internet of Production."