Section for items on Gender issues.
P2P Foundation material
- See our conversations and interviews with the 100 Women Who Are Co-Creating the P2P Society
"I want to present evidence that gender egalitarianism was pivotal to the evolution of our language-speaking ancestors. I’ll ask whether it makes a difference if our modern human bodies and minds evolved through a prolonged period of increasing egalitarianism. Would it help us if we were designed by natural and sexual selection to be happy and healthy in egalitarian conditions? If so, then perhaps the positive question that needs asking first is not ‘how did we get to be unequal?’ but ‘how did we first become equal?’"
- Camilla Power 
"For years, feminism has fought a passive war of attrition on masculinity, starving it of honor. With its 2018 guidelines, the inherently feminist APA has gone on the offensive. This assault is not as simple as misandrist pay-back by feminism for a history’s-load of oppression. It has its roots in the feminist need to be man-identical. When your idea of gender equality is a 50/50 breakdown of men and women in any given situation—that is, when you think that 100 percent of women should do what 100 percent of men do—masculinity poses a threat. Making men less like men (and more like women) becomes a backdoor route to making women more like men. Such gender denial is the new Aryanism; unscientific, unprofessional, immoral. Insisting that each gender is “wrong” and must be more like the other to be “right” cripples both, and shrivels the human footprint to only what the genders have in common."
- Natalie Ritchie 
"The entire English language is being manipulated and twisted in order to obscure the reality of sex. In June 2021, the Biden administration replaced the word “mothers” with the words “birthing people” in a section of a budget proposal regarding infant mortality. In a guide on “Safer Sex for Trans Bodies,” the Human Rights Campaign urges readers to refer to a vagina as a “front hole” and to a penis as a “strapless…” That our language has changed so dramatically as to make the natural, material reality of sex nearly invisible, with so little public debate, is astounding… If we cannot talk about sex, we cannot talk about sexism. If we cannot talk about sexism, we cannot fight back against it."
- Kara Dansky 
"Without even getting into the debate about how workable this level of freedom ever was in a stable and prosperous world, what about the one we’re facing now? For material conditions have changed radically. As we slide further into a 21st century that’s so far seen economic crashes, geopolitical instability, climate change, supply chain disruption and pandemic, it’s far from clear that this level of radical individualism will be at all workable for very much longer.
In that context we need to think about how to re-solidify liquid social relations. And at the smallest possible scale, this means reclaiming marriage as the central unit for solidarity between the sexes. This might seem a very qualified way of making a feminist case for marriage - but inasmuch as my argument isn’t for female supremacy but for the sexes learning to live with one another, an institution that convenes radical interpersonal solidarity in the long-term interests of both sexes and of our children is a no-brainer.
It’s also a foundational unit of post-capitalist organising. A marriage - and the family unit it creates - offers a route out of the logic of the market that pushes all of us to treat all relationships as transactions. And it’s only by resisting the logic of the market that we can start to re-solidify human relations for life in common."
- Mary Harrington 
- Gender Egalitarianism Made Us Human. How humans are primed for cooperation and gender equality, and how it separated us from primate logics. By Camilla Power of the Radical Anthropology Group.
- A call for partnership feminism: Feminism Against Progress. Mary Harrington. Swift Books, 2022.
"What happens when the material conditions that enabled feminism to emerge hit the buffers, forcing a radical re-negotiation of everything we thought we believed about women and men? My forthcoming book, Feminism Against Progress sets out what those material conditions were, why they’re changing now, and what I think comes next."
- Brigitte Kratzwald. The Whole of Life – Self-organisation between joy and necessity.
(Originally a German-language book: Kratzwald, B. (2014): Das Ganze des Lebens. Selbstorganisation zwischen Lust und Notwendigkeit. (The Whole of Life. Self-organisation between joy and necessity. Translated by the author of this review) Sulzbach/Taunus: Ulrike Helmer Verlag, p.11.)
- Mothers and Others. The Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding. Sarah Blaffer Hrdy. Harvard University Press, 2011 
- The Chalice and the Blade: Our History, Our Future by Riane Eisler: "the book introduces a new conceptual framework for studying social systems that pays particular attention to how a society constructs the roles and relations between the female and male halves of humanity. It proposes that underlying the long span of human cultural evolution is the tension between what Eisler calls the dominator or domination model and the partnership model."
- Heide Goettner-Abendroth: 1) Matriarchal Societies. Studies on Indigenous Cultures Around the Globe; 2) Societies of Peace. Matriarchies Past, Present and Future. Inanna Publications and Educations Inc., Toronto/Canada 2009
- To explore: the material and hypothesis by the Radical Anthropology Group on human symbolism, the sex strike and the instrumental role of women n the civilising process. They recommend the following books:
- Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, The Old Way, 2001;
- Loretta Cormier and Sharon Jones, The Domesticated Penis: How Womanhood has Shaped Manhood, 2015; Christopher Boehm: Hierarchy in the Forest and the Evolution of Egalitarian #Behavior, 1999, and Moral Origins, 2012; e
- Richard Wrangham, Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human, 2010;
- Joan Roughgarden: Evolution’s Rainbow: Diversity, Gender and Sexuality in Nature and People, 2004, and The Genial Gene: Deconstructing Darwinian Selfishness, 2009.
- Material Girls: Why Reality Matters for Feminism. by Kathleen Stock. (Fleet, £16.99) 
- on the Partnership Model of Society vs the Dominator model
- Riane Eisler on the Real Wealth of Nations and Caring Economics
"As my colleague at the American Enterprise Institute, Nicholas Eberstadt, documents, the U.S. is in the midst of a “quiet catastrophe—the collapse of work for men.” America, says Eberstadt, “is now home to an ever-growing army of jobless men no longer even looking for work—over seven million between ages 25 and 55, the traditional prime of working life.” Economist Lawrence Summers projects that one third of working-age men will to be out of the workforce by 2050. The social and psychological toll of such a dislocation is incalculable." 
Pages in category "Gender"
The following 146 pages are in this category, out of 146 total.
- Cambalache - Mexico
- Care Economy
- Care Work and Care Jobs for the Future of Decent Jobs
- Caring Economy
- Carrier Bag Theory of Human Technological History
- Cassie Jaye's Feminist but Emphatic Documentary on the Men's Movement
- Chalice and the Blade
- Civilization of the Goddess
- Creating a Caring Economics
- Creation of Patriarchy
- Critique of Gender Identity Essentialism
- Cyberfeminism Index
- Death of Nature
- Debora Spar on Technological Impacts on Culture
- Decolonizing Psychology from the Identity Politics of the Global North
- Differences Between Masculinized and Feminized Cultures
- Diversity Initiatives Within Open Technology Projects
- Doing Gender Online
- Double Hijacking of the Feminist Movement
- Ecofeminism in the Research Field
- Erika Bachiochi on the Rights of Women According To the Communitarian Tradition of Feminist Thought
- Evidence of Methods of Treating Gender Dysphoria in Children
- Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding
- Exulansic on Gender Ideology as a Religious Movement
- Female Erasure
- Female Forrest Guardians of the Amazon
- Feminine Respectability and Sexuality for Young Women Online
- Feminism Against Progress
- Feminism and Economic Transition
- Feminism and the Politics of the Commons
- Feminisms and Degrowth Alliance
- Feminizing Politics
- Fourth Wave Now
- Frans de Waal on Empathy and Anthropodenialism
- Gamma Bias and the Gender Distortion Matrix
- Gender Accelerationism
- Gender and Labor at the Dawn of Agriculture
- Gender Discrimination in Open Source Software
- Gender Egalitarianism Made Us Human
- Gender Identity
- Gender, Care and Value Accounting
- Gender-Affirmative Treatment
- Gender-Critical Feminists
- Gender-Identity Ideology
- George Caffentzis on the Crisis of Social Reproduction
- Grand Domestic Revolution
- Grandmother Hypothesis in Anthropology
- Great Mother
- Helen Joyce on the Harms of Denying Biological Sex
- Historical Origins of the Dominator Societies
- How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity
- How the Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics
- How Thinkers and Activists Redefined Identity and Sparked the Sexual Revolution
- Male Privilege
- Male Reproductive Bottleneck of 8000 BC
- Marija Gimbutas
- Marxist Feminism
- Mary Eberstadt on the Relation between the Sexual Revolution and Identity Politics
- Mary Harrington on Reactionary Feminism
- Mary Harrington's Critique of Bio-Libertarian Feminism
- Masculine Realism
- Matriarchal Culture
- Matriarchal Societies
- Matriarchies Past, Present, and Future
- Matriarchists vs Patriarchists in the 19th Century
- Matricentric Feminism
- Matristic versus Matriarchal
- Meghan Murphy on Gender Identity
- Melissa - Athens, Greece
- Men’s House
- Myth of Matriarchal Prehistory
- Scott Newgent on Medical Transitioning During Childhood
- Self-Employed Women’s Association
- Self-Organisation of the Whole of Life
- Sex as a Spectrum
- Sex Differences in Personality Are Larger in Gender Equal Countries
- Social Reproduction Theory
- Social Wealth Economic Indicators
- Society for Evidence-Based Gender Medicine
- Statistics About Boys and Education
- Statistics About the Position of Women in Academia
- Suma - Equal-Pay Cooperative
- Warriors vs Worriers
- Wendy McElroy on the Issue of Rape Culture
- Why Material Reality Matters for Feminism
- William Costello on the Evolutionary Psychology of Incels
- Women Active in Libre Commons
- Women and the Commons
- Women in Blockchain
- Women in Open Source - Debian
- Women's Spirituality Movement
- Women, Commons and Gender Justice