3D Printing Files Marketplaces
From P2P Foundation
"There are 3 types of marketplaces for 3D print files:
- 3D printing services: offer designers to open a store on their platforms and take a commission each time a 3D print is ordered. No download available, only the print. Examples: Shapeways, Sculpteo, i.materialise, Kraftwürx
- Free sharing: These are the platforms specialized in Creative Commons and Public Domain files.
- Home 3D printing: the boom of new marketplaces is more specifically in this field. They are designed for people with home 3D printers who want to download files (usually for FDM machines). Exemples: 3D Burrito, Layer by Layer
- Hybrid: some websites are offering download of the file and service 3D printing as well. Cubify, MakerShop
- Meta search engines: they agregate 3D files coming from multiple websites. Exemples: Yeggi, Fabforall"