100 P2P Projects in the Global South
= In analogy with the project 100 Women Who Are Co-Creating the P2P Society, this is preparatory material for a series on p2p/commons projects in the Global South. Still very preliminary.
Discussion and aims
Open questions for contributors to help frame the project:
- What do we mean by Global South?
- Is the focus geographical, economic or racial?
- Will the series be spearheaded by contributors from the global south?
- Is the series about projects or people?
- Tech Needs Girls
- CoCreation Hub in Nigeria
- Creativity Group Kumasi
- Agoblogoshie Makerspace Platform
Urban Commons Projects
Output from a report by Labgov in collaboration with the P2P Foundation:
- Bergrivier, South Africa - by Anna Cowen and John Ziniades
- Ker Thiossane - Dakar, Senegal - By Marion Louisgrand Sylla
- Woelab - Lomé, Togo - By Sename Agbodjinou Koffi
- Bangla-Pesa - Mombasa, Kenya - Will Ruddick
- Karura Forest - Nairobi, Kenya - Saadia Salim
- Mazingira Institute - Nairobi, Kenya - Diana Lee-Smith and Davinder Lamba
- Hacklab, Cochabamba, Bolivia - By Daniel Cotillas
- Platohedro - Medellin, Colombia - By Lina Mejia
- Minha Sampa - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Patricia Galante de Sa and Anna Livia
- PIC Initiative – Costa Rica – Arq. Margherita La Valle
- Bangalore Commons Research by Harini Nagendra